Saturday, September 28, 2013

NO ROOM FOR HORSES AND CHARIOTS

When we read the psalms we find over and over again: don't trust in horses, don't trust in chariots, put your trust in the Lord. The simplicity of the statement, "put your trust in the Lord", yet so complex to walk out in our every circumstance.

For the past several months I have been combing through the pages of the book of Isaiah and learning a great deal about God's desire for us to TRUST HIM and HIM alone.  If you have ever said to yourself I want to read the entire Bible and never have been able to do so, I recommend you read the book of Isaiah. This great book is literally the whole Bible in miniature form.(plug for the prophet Isaiah)

If like Israel we find ourselves struggling to survive in the midst of adversity. We make plans and alliances with others greater than ourselves in order to achieve some type of success or victory. We run frantically attempting to hold all the pieces of this crumbling world system together until we realize, we can't do it. We are not designed to be independent from the ALMIGHTY. Nor are we designed to "falter between two opinions" (1Kings 18:1)

 First and foremost, we are God's people and His message has always been, FEAR NOT I AM WITH YOU. Panic, anxiety, fear, vindication are not the Kingdom way. The scripture tells us quietness and confidence in HIM shall be our strength. When we find ourselves up against the wall with the forces of evil pressing hard all around us, when you know that you know, disaster is coming at the speed of a bullet, quietness and confidence in GOD shall be our strength. 

I think any of us who have walked with the Lord would confess one time or another we have panicked and gone around desperately seeking help anywhere and everywhere. When we took the time to quiet down and seek the Lord we found that in quietness and confidence in HIM there is peace and strength.

The WORD of God is the greatest reminder that HE is with us: 
 
 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Isaiah 30:18 


Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. Psalm 27:3


Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness Isaiah 41:10
 
As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. 2 Samuel 22:30  



SHALOM, Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment