Monday, December 24, 2012

TRUSTING IN THE TESTING

 
In the beginning stages of the wilderness experience we may not even be aware that we have been lead into the desert. Just like Israel God calls us out of captivity and all of a sudden what should be a quick journey to the promise land turns into a detour that tests every fiber of our being.



The book of Deuteronomy tells us that the Lord led His people into the wilderness to humble and test them that they would know what was in their hearts and whether or not they would keep His commandments. (Duet 8:2).


Lesson I- Trusting in the Testing



Frankly, easier said than done. It’s not that I had not trusted Him before it’s just this time it was different, very different.   As believers we really think we trust the Lord but when the rubber meets the road does our heart proclaim it. Before you say, my heart does………… let me remind you what Proverbs 21:2 says “every way of the a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord pondereth the hearts.



 Many times during this process I pulled a Sarah making plans to get myself to the promise land quicker than God’s desired timetable. Plan after plan there was no relief of soul. You see, the wilderness experience is administered by GOD and He alone can say IT’S OVER.   In the meantime you are there and there is no escape. You never know what is next but just remember if His own Son was lead into the wilderness HE must think there is something very GOOD to get out of it.



The Lord will start to reveal your heart and you will be very surprised at what comes forth.  Deception has one way of entering into our life and it’s through PRIDE. The pride of life is truly our desire to be independent from God. Isn’t that how Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness? Jesus refused to show His power independent of the Father.



I encourage you if you are in the midst of the wilderness that you sing with the Psalmist David;



Psalm 51 6-8




Behold, You desire truth in the inner being; make me therefore to know wisdom in my inmost heart.

Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean [ceremonially]; wash me, and I shall [in reality] be whiter than snow.

Make me to hear joy and gladness and be satisfied; let the bones  which You have broken rejoice




 
Keep trusting for you are HIS workmanship!


No comments:

Post a Comment