- Why should I pray for those people? They don't care about me or my family?
- Why doesn't anyone ever ask me, How are you?
- Why doesn't so and so, pick up the phone and call me?
- I deserve to have (fill in the blank)
- Why can't I just say what I want like everyone else?
- I am done, why should I sacrifice my time and energy for people who don't care.
Unexpectedly, like Ebenezer Scrooge I was visited by the "ghost of Christmas past" standing in front of the mirror I looked at myself and said, "Lord, who is that?" I was lost, confused, tired and broken. Dreadfully afraid and absolutely desperate I uttered the dangerous prayer, "Lord, you alone can un-Mask the ME in me."
By God's grace I started to undergo a divine radical cosmetic surgery. I began to experience Jesus from a holistic perspective. Every area of my life began to be invaded with the Holy Spirit's resurrecting power. It is what the Bible calls dying to the old self; with Him, through Him and for Him.
One thing is certain this is a lifetime journey. Jesus desires for us to be healed, He knows we all have broken relationships and are broken within ourselves. The key to this healing is being filled with the Holy Spirit and seeking to dwell in His Presence.
We God's creatures have an overwhelming need to be unmasked, the real (ME) is deeply buried in layers of self that can only be resurrected by the hand of the Almighty. I found freedom in the realization that my identity is in God alone and no longer seeking it in a role (pastor wife, professional career,etc).
Un-Masked by Jesus, I find myself willing to chose joy, mercy, peace and above all love for God and love for others.