Sunday, March 24, 2013

EVERYTHING HAS ITS TIME


 
Every human life has a time and within this time there are extraordinary moments in the ordinary of life. We may see these moments as random daily events but we are eternal beings and our words, works and gifts are destined for eternity.

This past weekend I had the privilege to attend a memorial service for one of my dearest friends father. Their father lived for Jesus his entire life. As I read the comments left on the memorial page there was one that struck a chord in my heart.  One of his army friends wrote how he remembered him saying,"I cannot get away from God".  From the opening of the service to the last amen you know this was a man gifted of the Lord in more ways than one. He was a Bible teacher, guitarist, songwriter, husband father and the list goes on and on. He served Jesus and his community as a minister for over thirty years.  He was married to the love of his life for 48 years and what a love they had.

As I sat and listened to his life story unfold, the words of the Apostle Paul in Ephesians resonated in my being “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them”.  I am confident if I were to ask his dear wife that co-labored with him was it easy? She would say we endured many trails and tribulations. However, I know this sweet lady would tell me:

Honey,
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

My life’s scale received some balance as I heard about this man’s life. Birth and death are the two-sides of the scale. Clearly we don’t have control of either however, with the Holy Spirits guidance, we can keep the scale in balance no matter what season of life we are in.

God's purposes for our lives are weaved into eternity and like a work of art they will be displayed for many to see. As King Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.


Let us recognize the beauty in the here and now acknowledging the place and purpose each person has in the overall plan of God.

Keep your eyes on Jesus, stay focused, time is precious…………………

No comments:

Post a Comment